Pages

Monday 20 April 2015

Venegaria


I woke crouched up strangely in a corner of a room knees tucked in pressing against me.
My chest was sore and it was hard to draw my breath. Each inhale was accompanied with fresh new jolts of pain around my body. I looked around the walls. Old plastered walls cracked and torn in places with those strange brushes from left over cement. A door that I couldn’t put my finger on but could only describe as unspeakably heinous or abominable set in an eerily fashion in grim red shades of colour.  Nothing I could see could give me any clues, insanity was groping me and I felt like this was death. My eyes spinning around and cold sweat swept my brow.  The room had a small light bulb hanging in mid-air forming a raw emptiness around the small room.
I twisted around, limbs loosening checking my body for different irregularities. Suddenly I hear soft thumping on the wall and just as the noise started it vanished. I stared at where I thought the sound came from with bulged eyes but that meant my head was spinning around in a paranoid and terrified manner focusing in the weirdest of places. I get up. My mind still out of focus. My thoughts in a blur of oblivion. The faintest of ideas of how I ended up here escaped me. The door handle creaks and the blackwood door swings open dramatically slow. The process excruciatingly tries to split my heart as it felt my fate was hanging on a single thread.

A strange man walks in. An elegance in his soft step, lightly touching the ground he seemed to lithely hover towards me.

To be continued...

2008/present

1 comment:

  1. I like it!! One suggestion is:"...hard to breathe. With each breath fresh jolts of pain..." Feels real intense and suffocating you should finish it!

    ReplyDelete