Pages

Monday 4 January 2016

My very own Sun


On a sleepless day I gazed around me the sky was bright green and dazzling, burning the very sockets of my existence, leaving traces of doubt behind.

I come upon her the lucid Queen.


The airs around her flowed like small tornadoes among her auburn hair. I longed for a breath of fresh clear thoughts through my mind, keeping my sanity from turning against me, gripping fear by the neck bone i stood before her.  A thorn before a flower, a bee before a flower, a man before a woman...

She came upon me, treading lightly on the winds and gave me a gentle kiss.  She pointed at the skies and just as swiftly as she came, she left never to be seen again in the same form of trickery.  My eyesight came back to focus, focus on what?

The skies took another shape

I was suddenly swimming through the clouds taking no breath under the watery heavens.  Some strange creatures were grazing by the clouds weaving small gusts while zooming around the waters.  It seemed more like they floated puffing water through their ears - quite chubby fellows with big mouths and square teeth. - No tiredness overtook me and I reached the surface breaking the peaceful calmness of the horizons by breaching the waters. I stood up and walked creating thousands of ripples on the clear waters.

Then everything turned upside down and gravity suddenly pulled me downwards towards a dense mass to find a small fish.  It was patterned with the most complex colors of copper; the sight of it snapped the very dense mass to reveal myriads of stars, sparkling along their way to oblivion or beyond. The fish opened its mouth where a large tongue popped out enveloping a pearl of gargantuan size.  Suddenly the tongue gave way for the pearl to sink leaving a big hole in between and froze in midair turning blood red.

A small eye was looking peevishly through a crack. The pearl was hatching into a great winged beast with twenty four eyes and a mouth full of sharp fangs. He flew right by me and before i even noticed he was already soaring with me on his back.  We flew past thousands of stars and planets.  All of them guided our way with their own distinct color of brilliance.  I was left to my own being, feeling the terrible universe, grasping its illusory disguise.   All the more we were closing up to the lime green light that tinted my own self, piercing the veils of my matrix. I thought I would never finish this travel, never reach the place, it looked so far and suddenly it loomed right in front of me. 

Bliss was the feeling that overtook me.
I finished the search. I have found my place in this universe.

My very own sun...

Philip Christofi  11/1/2011

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I am really amazed by the story... it made me think and feel it, and it really inspired me! of course, different readers will find different connections, but as for me it all started here: "(...)very sockets of my existence, leaving traces of doubt behind". Yes, traces of doubts. Our existences are this way. And then the queen came and left and suddenly all changed. This shows to me that life is perennial, but also, that a person comes to our lives and can leave, but somehow we will never be the same again - for good or bad, we left something to the person, as he/she left something for us. The shapes, we see what we are prepared to... and we can't force other people to have the same rhythm as we do. Also, traveling though planets and stars... some say we are the product of people from outerspace, longing to meet their fellows again... and then... the character found it's own sun and space. So is life. We are meant to feel incomplete and suddenly... a stoke of genius comes to us and we find ourselves... maybe a bit too philosophical and you may say "I didn't mean that!", but for me, I travelled across this story and loved the inspiration and insights it brought!
    DenisesPlanet.com

    ReplyDelete